On-Page SEO Checklist: How to Fully Optimize Your Posts
On-Page SEO Checklist: How to Fully Optimize Your Posts | Provided by Mary Fernandez at OptinForms
Do you want to optimize your blog posts for search engines? Your posts could have the potential to rank on page 1 of Google, but that won’t happen unless Google knows what keywords your post should rank for. In this article, we’ll share the on-page SEO checklist that we use to fully optimize our posts so they come up in the search results.
What is On-Page SEO?
Off-page SEO is the stuff you do to improve your rankings off-site, like backlinks and social media shares. These are the signals that Google uses to determine your site’s authority and how high you will rank in the results.
However, unless you optimize your posts on-page, Google won’t know what keywords you should be ranking for, and you won’t show up in the search results.
On-page SEO is all of the stuff you do to tell Google what your post is about and what search terms it should come up for. There are also some things you can do on-page that can help you to rank higher for those terms by reducing your bounce rate, increasing your click-through rate, increasing your dwell time, etc.
First, you’ll need to do some initial setup to your site prior to optimizing your individual posts and pages. You only need to complete these steps once and then you’re good to go.
1. Install Google Analytics – Recommended reading: How to Install Google Analytics for Beginners
2. Install Google Search Console
3. Install MonsterInsights analytics plugin
4. Install an SEO plugin such as Yoast SEO
5. Create an XML Sitemap and Submit to Google
6. Create a Robots.txt File and Submit to Google
7. Install Schema.org Rich Snippets
8. Use Google Keyword Planner to Find Keywords
9. Use an SEO-Friendly URL
10. Include Keyword in URL
11. Include Keyword at Least Once in an H1 Tag
12. Include Keyword in the First Paragraph
13. Include Keyword at Least Once in Subhead Tags
14. Include Keyword Several Times Within Body Copy
15. Use Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) Keywords
Download The On-Page SEO Checklist
Categorised in: The Shoreline Blog
This post was written by Shoreline Content Team