Are you looking for simple, proven strategies that will teach you how to grow your email list FAST?
When most people talk about email marketing, they jump into email copy, catchy subject lines, open rates, and tracking unsubscribes.
But before you can get to any of that, you’re missing one crucial component: to send out email marketing campaigns, you first need a robust list of people to send them to!
Why You Need to Grow Your Email List
So, why should you always be looking for new ways to grow your list?
Your email list naturally degrades by about 25% every year. You need to continuously grow your email list and make up for these lost subscribers.
How to Grow Your Email List FAST | The First 20
Popups are the best email list building tools on the market and the easiest way to add new subscribers.
With Shoreline’s templates for growing your list, you can quickly and easily create popups such as:
1. Offering your readers a content upgrade, like a free eBook, in exchange for their email address
2. Timed optin forms that appear only after they’ve spent some time engaged with your content
3. Targeted popups that are only shown on specific pages, like your posts with the most traffic
4. Most of the popup examples on this list were made with our Popup Tool we use here at Shoreline. It’s the perfect solution for bloggers, small businesses, large enterprises, and everything in between.
There’s a reason why our SEO, Web and other strategies are labeled “The Best” because our data-driven research.. With our strategy and client research in multiple industries, you drive traffic to your site with paid ads, SEO, or word-of-mouth, and now our popup strategy and tools can SKYROCKET your email list growth using all of our Digital Marketing services.
1. Create amazing email content.
2. Segment your email list to create targeted content that your subscribers will love. Audience segmentation is a key component to increase your email campaign’s success.
3. Start blogging. If you don’t already blog, you should! No matter your industry, blogging creates content that’s going to make it easier for your site to rank higher in search engine results.
4. Keep your email list clean.
5. One-up the competition with your lead magnet by making it bigger and better. For example, if your competition is offering a 30-point cheatsheet checklist, make yours a 50-point cheatsheet checklist.
6. Add content upgrades to your blog posts. These could be as simple as a PDF, condensed version of the post with additional, “bonus” information.
7. Make some of your content gated. Gated content is content on your website that can’t be accessed until the visitor enters their contact information. Our popups offer a Content Lock feature to gate your content and grow your email list FAST.
8. Host webinars. You can host a webinar for free using tools like YouTube Live or Zoom, and they convert really well because live events have a high perceived value.
9. Host a giveaway. Require participants to use the signup form with their email address, and give them additional entries when they share the giveaway on social media.
10. Create a quiz and require users to enter their email address before they can download their results. You can use tools like your CRM or survey tools to do this.
11. Offer a coupon in exchange for an email address instead of a traditional lead magnet if you have an eCommerce site.
12. Offer a free tool or free software that requires an email address to sign up.
13. Use Facebook ads to drive traffic to your optin landing page. Just make sure you optimize your Facebook ads to increase conversion rates.
14. Pin your optin landing page on Pinterest. Then, you can boost your pin with Pinterest ads to drive even more traffic.
15. Promote content on Pinterest. Create Pinterest boards by topic and pin beautiful visuals with links to your site.
16. Answer Quora questions that are related to the topic of your lead magnet. Then include a link to your optin landing page for further reference.
17. Search forums for questions related to the topic of your lead magnet. Then answer the question with a link to your optin landing page.
18. Answer questions in Facebook groups. Just don’t post the link to your email optin unless it is allowed by the group admin. Instead, you can ask members to private message you for the link if they want it.
19. Ask for feedback. Create an online survey to find out what your visitors want to know about your business and products. You can even ask for feedback about the type of content visitors want.
20. Participate in LinkedIn groups to become known as an expert, and then post the link to your optin landing page when the time is right.
21. Film lead-generating Instagram Stories.
22. Make your YouTube videos interactive with call-to-action cards. Then, link the cards to your optin landing pages.
23. Use SlideShare lead forms to capture potential customers with your PowerPoint and slide presentations.
24. Add sharing buttons to your email signature, your thank you page, and to your lead magnets themselves so that your existing subscribers can spread the word for you.We use WiseStamp here at Shoreline. Read more about WiseStamp Here.
25. Add a signup button to your Facebook Page. Here’s how to do it.
26. Add a call-to-action to your Instagram bio with a link to your optin landing page. Here’s how to do it.
27. Submit guest posts to popular blogs serving your target market and include a call to action (CTA) in your author byline with a link to your optin landing page.
28. Add a call to action to your About page with an inline optin form.
29. Partner up with an influencer or set up a cross-promotion and do an exchange: they send an email to their list about your optin offer, and you send an email to your list about theirs. You both grow your email lists (FAST) in the process!
30. Host a local meetup and pitch your free optin offer to collect email addresses.
31. Use paid search ads to drive qualified traffic to your optin landing page. Just make sure your lead magnet offers the answer to the question they were searching for.
32. Add a QR code to all your printed materials and link them to your optin landing page.
33. Use native ads to capture leads from other websites and apps that have a similar target audience as yours.
34. Install an exit-intent popup on every post and page on your website to convert abandoning visitors.
35. Install a scroll box on your blog posts (works especially great for long-form content) and use your content upgrade as the lead magnet.
36. Install a timed lightbox popup on content-heavy pages to convert readers who have been reading and enjoying what you have to say.
37. Add location-specific embedded signup forms above and below your blog post content that feature that content’s specific content upgrade.
38. Collect data from your sidebar form to discover what variations work better.
39. Trigger a floating bar by user behavior so that it is perfectly targeted based on the referral source, the page the user is visiting, and the time they’ve spent on your site.
40. Include a prominent header with your call to action on your homepage.
Categorised in: The Shoreline Blog
This post was written by Shoreline Content Team