30 More Quick SEO Tips & Tricks
September 10, 2021 7:00 am
Continuing our SEO Tips from our original post “30 Quick SEO Tips” Here are 30 More Quick SEO Tips & Tricks
You must have received a ton of SEO advice from all kinds of sources. While some of them sound cool and trendy, they do absolutely nothing for your business. On the other hand, some SEO tactics actually do work, but they take a long time to deliver expected results. Hence, we bring to you 101 proven, actionable SEO tips that will get you results in real-time.
Quick SEO Tips 31-61
- Avoid long redirects. By avoiding chain redirects you can help the search engines to crawl your website more quickly.
- Opt for Vector Format image files. Using vector files will allow you to have better image quality on different devices.
- Consider using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to host your images as it helps to speed up your website considerably.
- Ensure that you optimize all your images for page speed and user-friendliness.
- When you have products with similar names and descriptions, it is better to create canonical tags instead of redirecting them.
- Opt for private hosting. While this will have no effect on your search rankings, sites having shared hosting get indexed less.
- Consider investing in visual search. Incorporating visual search in the marketing strategy can be highly effective for retailers and e-commerce businesses.
- Use Structured Data to improve ranking. While it isn’t easy for a site to get on the first page of the SERPs, using structured data can improve the chances significantly.
- Make sure you use the disavow tool to get rid of those spammy links.
- Paid links can cost you! Google webmaster guidelines clearly state that the search engine is not in favor of paid links.
- Stay away from bad links. If Google comes across any risky link-building tactics, it could backfire big time.
- Stick to high-quality directories. Building links on high-quality directories will add relevance to your business.
- Build a clear linking structure. Plan your internal linking strategy carefully so that Google can navigate your site easily.
- Make sure your link profile is healthy. A healthy link profile helps to establish the overall quality and authority of your site.
- Focus on quality instead of quantity. Even with link building, authenticity is what matters most.
- Manual outreach can work wonders. Proactive link-building efforts allow you to control the quality of links.
- Create nofollow outbound links. In case you end up linking to a low-quality website, you can use them for external links.
- See to it that your internal links are logically placed. It is best to ensure that when you link internally, the content around the link is related to the keywords.
- Don’t just focus on the keywords. Instead, create content based on important topics.
- Avoid creating thin content. As compared to thin content, long-form content can get you much better results in search rankings.
- It is important that you clean up all the scraped or duplicate content from your site.
- Revisit old content. See if any of your old content is still driving traffic and try creating new posts along similar lines with more relevant content.
- Add FAQ pages. Creating these pages will not only help your readers but also your site’s search rankings.
- Make the most of syndicated content. While you do this, ensure that the other sites place rel=canonical tags.
- Remember, content can be repurposed. It is recommended that you think of all the ways you can repurpose your content into videos, Slideshare, etc.
- Editing is a must! It is important to check all your content for errors so that nothing hampers your user experience.
- There are tools available for content ideas. Make the most of tools like BuzzSumo to get an idea about what kind of content ranks high.
- Old content may do more harm than good. Check on your old posts regularly to see if any of them is hurting your rankings.
- Do a cache check; see when a website’s pages were last cached. If it’s over a month, avoid the site.
- Try using a conversational tone when creating content. It may help your site rank for voice search queries.
- Instead of pasting the manufacturer’s content, take the time to write original product descriptions
Be sure to read the first 30 tips “30 Quick SEO Tips” Here
Categorised in: The Shoreline Blog
This post was written by Shoreline Content Team