Do I Really Need a Website?
There’s no way around it. It’s difficult to be taken seriously if you don’t have a website. Building a beautifully designed site with compelling content should not be the goal for many businesses.
What are the main benefits of a website?
- It’s about the cheapest form of marketing available
- It allows you to carefully craft a message and emphasize your “brand”
- It’s accessible to anyone in the world with an Internet connection
- It’s open 24/7
- It allows for virtually unlimited material to be stored and displayed
- It provides an easy way for viewers to learn about you and your work
- It allows new people to discover you
- It has the potential of keeping past clients/fans engaged, building trust and enthusiasm over time
- It makes it easier for the media and presenters to obtain photos, bios, etc.
- It can generate revenue (through merchandise sales, affiliate programs, ads, etc.)
- It forces you to think about what’s really important about your work, what makes you different, and how you’d like to frame professional activities
- It can fulfill just about any function imaginable
- More people Google or Yahoo than any other service for information.