What Is Social Media
Make Your Business More Sociable
You’re likely already perfectly aware of the online phenomena and time sucks known as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Before you write these social media platforms off completely or ban them from your office, Shoreline Media Marketing wants to help you realize how powerful the Social Media networks are and how they can potentially send the success of your business rocketing into the stars.
What to Ask Yourself When Considering Social Media for Your Business
Before jumping into social media marketing headfirst without checking the depth of the digital water, know there’s a right way to proceed with your strategy. Some of the most essential questions you need to ask yourself include:
- What are these platforms to be used for?
- What are the general needs of your business and unique industry?
- Are there specific social media platforms that are a better fit for my goals and business?
- What audience am I seeking to attract?
- Is there a specific person who will manage my media presence?
- What personality do I want my profile(s) to have?
Once you have the answers to these questions, you’ll have a firm foundation on which to build your social media marketing strategy.
Your Options and Their Uses
To get the most out of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the like, you’ll want to use them to their full potential. Facebook is good if you want to reach as wide of an audience as possible or aim to have a community presence. B2B companies are often better suited for professional platforms like LinkedIn, while Pinterest and Instagram are good fits for highly visual industries. Targeting a younger crowd? Set your sights on Twitter, where you can engage with and respond to your followers.